Wednesday, March 9, 2011

This old house

The rain is gone and the sun is shining.  However, the rain made the leak in our breakfast nook worse.  I can only imagine what it looks like in the ceiling.  I told my husband the other day that if we could see in between the walls of this house we would run.  This old house has issues, but it has so much character.  I love that about old houses, there are just so many stories caught up in them.  I am on a mission to put shelves up everywhere I can.  I need more storage space and shelves are an easy solution.  It's not on our list of things to spend money on this year, but I have to add it on because I am going crazy with the lack of space.  It shouldn't cost a lot of money, so we will have to just go for it. 

Our chickens are all doing good together.  I am still a little freaked about the rooster, but as we get to know each other it is getting better.  I talk to him through the chicken wire a few times a day so he gets to know me and be okay with my presence.  I want him to look at me as his Mom, not an enemy.  So far he seems more scared of me than I am of him, hopefully that feeling remains.  We have four new hens and their names are...Rosa, Lucy, Ruby and Sally.  Now, if I can remember nine names it will be a miracle.  One of the new hens looks exactly like Sabrina, so my oldest son calls her the other Sabrina.  I will get a picture today of all of them and post it on my next blog. 

As this month continues on it means we are that much closer to planting our garden.  My husband is going to take next week off of work so we can get the ground ready for planting.  Also, next week we are getting a big 100 year old cottonwood tree cut down.  It is near our house and most of it is dead.  It is massive, so that is going to be a project.  I am excited to get rid of that tree and plant some new ones around the deck.  So, lots going on for us from here on out.  Time to soak in some sun. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment