Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Deer, Oh Dear

This week (and it's only Wednesday) I have been working a lot outside.  I am tired, sore and feeling overwhelmed.  There is so much work that needs to be done on our land.  To get it to look how it looks in my head is going to take a very long time.  I tend to get impatient and want to get things done now.  Never mind that if I wait a day or two, my husband can get all his toys out and take about one hour what would take me three days.  So, my impatience creates a sore and tired woman...who later realizes she should step back and wait for the weekend.  Too little too late for my body! 

We have a bunch of trees not on our land but our neighbors behind us.  I have witnessed a few deer over the past few months.  The first time was at night letting my dog out to do his business.  I heard a noise and glanced over and saw something running away.  Granted it was dark out, but they passed by a light and deer are so graceful in their movement, that I knew it just had to be deer.  I saw one or two a few weeks after that early in the morning.  So, the reason I am telling you this story is because I have been telling my husband that we have deer living near us.  He kept telling me that I was seeing things or it was just one passing through.  But, I knew they were living in the trees behind us.  I told him we have to make sure we plan out our garden so it is deer proof...unless we don't want any vegetables.  Again, he tells me oh no, we don't need to do that.  Well, this morning I witnessed at least 20 deer running into the trees behind our house. AHA...I knew it.  I immediately texted my husband at work to tell him the news.  I of course had to rub it in, wouldn't you?

My chickens are doing good and I found out their ailments are normal.  The Vet told me that they can fight about food and that causes them to loose their nails or their beaks can chip.  So, nothing serious I just have to keep an eye on them.   When ever I bring them out a special treat I definitely notice they get more aggressive.  Especially Sabrina, she actually comes charging at me to get the goods first.  Well, it is late and I feel as though I am not making sense, so off to bed I go.  Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment