Thursday, March 17, 2011

This and That

What a week we have had here on the farm.  We have been doing all sorts of projects and everything is starting to come together.  Finally, I can visualize how things are really going to look here.  The gravel truck just arrived and the boys are having fun watching him dump out the rocks along our driveway.  Our driveway is pretty much dirt and so when it rains, it turns into mud.  Kids, dogs and a husband with mud isn't the best way to keep my house clean.  So, gravel down is going to be great to cut out a lot of mud and dirt.

We are adding more sprinklers and other irrigation around the house.  We got that trenched and my husband is getting the pipe glued together before he puts it underground.  We are adding more lawn for the kids and for the chickens.  We are also putting up fencing for the garden and the chickens this week.  I have to get my garden ready to go in the next couple of weeks.  Some vegetables are ready to go in the ground and that is so exciting. 

I will post some pictures this weekend when we get some more work done, so you can see what we have been up to this week.  It will also explain why I haven't posted a blog in five days! Well, off I go.  Enjoy the day and Happy St. Patty's Day to everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment