Saturday, April 30, 2011

It's raining...it's snowing!!

Well, this morning I woke up, looked outside and there was snow on the ground.  I freaked out because I did not cover my plants and vegetables last night.  Thank goodness they made it through the night, however tonight is another cold one, so I better cover them or I won't sleep a wink.  It is the end of April and it feels like January.  I am so frustrated with this cold weather.  This should be the last cold front we see until Fall, however I am not going to hold my breath.  I bought rose bushes last week and luckily I haven't planted them yet.  I am waiting until the weather is steady being warmer, but who knows when that will be!

Our property has so many weeds that it is almost unbelievable.  Everywhere you look you see weeds.  They are out of control and to be honest it will take a few years just to get them under control.  Also, the previous owners planted perennials that spread easily.  I am not a huge fan of that because they end up taking over and being everywhere.  Now that Spring has arrived and plants are starting to pop up out of the ground I am discovering a lot of different plants and they are everywhere.  I am going to have to learn how to keep them from spreading all over and if that isn't possible, I will have to get rid of them all.  I like being in control of my plants instead of the other way around.  Well, the weekend is in full swing and we have lots to do.  Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment