Tuesday, August 2, 2011

new (reused) counters

Greetings.  The kids are still asleep and I am enjoying some solitude (except for Max crowing like crazy).  Today we are going tent camping with a friend who also has two boys.  I have never tent camped with the boys, so this should be interesting.  I love tent camping and am looking forward to some fresh mountain air. 

My sister decided to get new counter tops installed and so she gave us her old ones.  Her kitchen is huge (and she doesn't even cook), so we will have enough to re due our kitchen plus add some over by our stove and put some in our mudroom.  I am excited and can't wait till we put them in and I am thankful she gave them to us.

Our garden is doing pretty good, but I did find squash bugs last night.  I had to kill them and look for all the eggs on the leaves.  There were a lot of eggs, but I think I got most of them.  I hate squash bugs and they are so hard to get rid of.  Hopefully, by finding them early I will keep them from eating up all our squash plants.  I do find lots of lady bugs in our garden, so that is great for getting rid of the bad bugs I miss. 

Well, have a great day everyone.  Cheers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment