Tuesday, August 16, 2011

This n' That

Wow!  It has been two weeks since I have blogged.  It really doesn't feel like it has been that long.  The camping trip I went on with my friend and her two boys was a flop (so to speak).  The camp ground we wanted to stay in was full and it was raining really hard off and on while we were there.  So, we ended up renting a room from a young family.  We got to go on hikes and stuff, but no camping that trip.  I told the boys I would set up the tent in our yard and we can try it that way.  While I was away for a few days with they boys on that trip, my husband surprised me and put in the new counters.  They look so much better.  He didn't finish the whole kitchen, but it won't be long until I have counters around my stove.  I can't wait!

Our garden is a nightmare.  We finally are trying a different method to see if we can salvage some of the vegetables.  My husband heard about a method from Ruth Stout.  You put straw down everywhere to keep the weeds out.  If you see a weed trying to pop through, you just put so more straw on it.  We are about half way down and it is a very itchy job.  Before we put down the straw my husband got the tractor out and disked as much of it as we could.  Hopefully this works because we are overwhelmed with weeds.  We also realized we just made our garden too big.  So, next year we are going to add a section of fruit trees, grape vines, raspberries and blackberries.

It has been so hot and I am ready for some Fall weather.  Have a great day.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment