Thursday, August 25, 2011

Animals

Good Morning.  The weather has been so hot, in fact last night I had a hard time going to sleep because of it.  Next week it is supposed to cool down some and that will be nice.  It was 102 degrees yesterday, just too hot to work outside.  Our garden is doing okay with our new method.  One good thing with  putting the straw down is it holds in the moisture better.  Last night we went and checked the vegetables and we actually have some growing, hopefully they get big enough before the freeze comes. 

We got a barn cat a couple of weeks ago.  We named her Sylvia.  She is about three years old and we got her from our Vet.  She lives out in our barn/garage and is doing great.  She took about a week to come out of hiding and greet us.  She is a gentle cat and really nice.  I am not a cat person.  I have actually liked two cats my whole life.  I am surprised how nice she is since she was a stranded cat.  The boys really love her and she is great with them.

On a sad note, we had to put down our big black dog named Oliver.  I have had Oliver for over 11 years and he was almost 12 years old.  He was okay physically, but believe it or not he had major mental problems.  I have had to deal with his anxiety all his life, which has not been fun, but managable.  The past few months he just went down hill really fast.  He killed one of our chickens and he tried to get our cat and he almost succeeded.  It was a hard decision to make, but he had so many issues, we decided it was time for him to go.  It has been really hard for me at times.  I still think I see him laying around the farm.  We will miss him and it will take some time to get  used to him being gone. 

Well, have a great day everyone.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment